Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's King-Sized Baby!

**Don't forget about my Scentsy Giveway!! You have until 11:59pm tomorrow, don't wait!

So the Hubs and I splurged this past weekend and bought a brand new bedroom suite to go with our brand new house.  Well, no, we did not buy it just because we are buying a brand new house.  It's because our queen sized mattress has reached the end of her days.  There are two Grumpypants and Hubs-sized indention's on either side of our bed with a big ridge down the middle.  And the other night I started to feel springs poking me in the side.  It. was. time. for. the. KING!

Let me tell you, sharing a queen bed with a 6'5", 220ish lbs man is challenging.  He has actually bounced me out of the bed before.  Really.

We went to Star Furniture in Katy, TX and had the most incredible sales person, Martha Rafferty. She rocked.  We looked at every single bedroom suite in the place.  Then we started testing out the mattresses.  Is it just me, or does anyone else feel really weird running around a furniture store and laying down on every mattress?  I know you have to in order to find the right one, but it's just creepy.  People walk by and look at you funny.

Anyway, after much deliberation we decided to go with......drum roll please....the Simmons Beautyrest Anniversary Mirella Plush.  Oh it. is. so. plush baby!  It's that bed where you can't feel your partner move.  I think their commercial is the one with the bowling ball.

This should be the Hubs and me.

It's so big! I love it!  They look so happy...ah, blissful sleep.
Look at all the different layers of stuff.  I feel like it just hugs me when I lay down.  No more back problems.


Here's the bedroom suite. It's the Kensington from Aspen Home.  I love the extra storage in the foot board.  Oh what I can do with that!  And I love how the top drawer of the nightstand is a charging station for all your electronic thingies.  You just plug up the night stand and all the other plugs feed into the back.  One cord!  No more surge protectors. And best of all...there is a nightlight built into the nightstand.  You just touch a little button on the side and it turns on underneath and makes a lighted pathway for you.  SWEET!  No more tripping over the furniture in the middle of the night.


This is a better view of the full suite.  We bought what is circled in red.  We decided not to go with the bureau mirror, trading it for a second nightstand.

Can ya tell I love my new bedroom.  Too bad I have to wait 2 weeks to sleep on it.  We decided to have the store deliver it to our new house and we don't move for another 2 weeks.  I feel like a little kid dreaming about Christmas morning.  It's ridiculous, but it's exciting!

1 comment:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Ha! This post was too funny! I agree. Moving to the king size is life changing! We got a Simmons Beauty Rest too. When Russell suggested we store it stateside, I told him to think again. Ours arrives in two weeks too! I'm right there with you on the kid waiting for Christmas thing. Miss you!!