Thursday, August 20, 2009

Weight Watchers on Hold

As you read in Thyroid and Antidepressants, I have a slight thyroid problem. It's being treated, but my doc told me I'd gain some weight until we got my levels correct. Great! I'd just lost two pounds on the Weight Watchers and she tells me I'm gonna gain it back, plus more. So I put Weight Watchers on hold. Oh and to top it off, she said I could not work out until she gave me the ok. Dang It! I mean talk about no control!

I'm not happy, I'm getting fat, and I can do absolutely nothing about it. I got a new haircut (which I will post as soon as I can get the pics from the husband's camera). Don took pics of before and after for me. I just about cried when he showed me those pics. I made a mistake because the new do emphasizes my roundness. Notably the double chin I'm developing.

Did I mention I am not happy? I'm not a vain person ya'll. But I'm just as concerned with my appearance as the next girl. It doesn't help that I used to be a size 1/2. I know, start groaning. That's usually what most people do. But I was. And when I was training for Miss LA, my trainers tried to make me gain weight. Unsuccessfully, I may add. I was the contestant who ate the Johnny's Pizza the night we had swimsuit competition. And all the girls hated me. But now, I look like a bloated pageant queen, instead of toned and beautiful swimsuit contestant. It's not fun. My arms swing in the wind now. OMG! And did I mention I have not had children yet?

The doc visit is on Sept 3rd, so hopefully I can resume the working out and the Weight Watchers. I will, of course, keep you posted and let you know my progress (and include some whining because I am Grumpy Pants after all).

Good day!

2 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

WEll, bless your heart....I know the feeling of gaining weight you can't get off.....I'm in that struggle right now!

SasparillaSasquatch said...

I just watched my weight at lunch.
It went up one oyster poboy.