Friday, April 9, 2010

Answered Prayer

Well, ask and you shall receive.  My last post was about my weight loss woes and how we (women) should support each other in this struggle.  The very next day my email devotional was all about weight loss and supporting each other.  Wow, it’s almost as if God listens to his children and answers through his other children.  The devotion was written by Karen Ehman and here is the link to her post:  My Triple Braided Cord.    It really lifted my spirits.  She also listed some awesome links, including one to her blog where every Wednesday is devoted to weight loss:  Karen Ehman

 

Now this one cracked me up!  If your weight loss perspective ever gets too serious or out of control, please read this - Dear Bathroom Scale (awesome and hilarious view on the weight issue).

 

And, guess what, I’ve lost some inches.  Well maybe not inches but at least one inch.  Last night I put on my “large” jeans to go to a friend’s house and noticed they were very loose.  Normally, I have to pull them up, but it’s because they are made with that stretchy material in them.  So they, ya know, stretch and sag – hence, they were perfect as “large” jeans..  Well, last night they were larger and saggier than normal.  So this morning for Jean Day at work I braved it and put on my old size 6’s.  As I slid those jeans up my legs my heart was beating so fast.  “Could I take another body disappointment?  Especially at 6am.  Could I really take seeing my middle turn into a muffin top?”  It was almost as if time stood still, everything moved in slow motion.  Then, lo and behold, they made it past my thighs, my butt, and then the ultimate test – will they zip and button?  Oh, they did baby!  They did more than that – I could even sit down with them on and I was comfortable! I believe I heard angels singing.  Now, granted they are still a little snug, but now I don’t have to undo the top button when I sit down.  VICTORY!  It’s one small step, but it feels so good. 

 

Please, revel in your small success because when you add them all up they become one huge success!  Good luck this weekend, be kind to yourself, and enjoy your life (just eat healthier). 

 

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast the sum of them!” (Psalm 139: 13-17, NIV)

1 comment:

Erin said...

yay, girl! i totally can identify with this...especially the "can i really handle this at 6am" thing. way to go! you are doing so well...so awesome!

see you tonight!