Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Great Bulge

I have mentioned briefly here that I am struggling to lose about 25 pounds (brought on by honeymooning and hormonal issues-‘nuff said).  Well, guys, when I say struggle, I mean STRUGGLE.  6 weeks ago I completely changed my routine.  I started working out with the P90X CD’s.  I’m sure you’ve seen the numerous infomercials.  I love it!  I know I’ve worked out when I’m done because they are intense and hard.  I work out hard every morning at 5 AM for an hour with my man.  I’ve also started to watch what I eat.  I don’t eat out for lunch anymore, only go eat out for dinner once every 2 weeks or so, cut down on my portions, eating more natural foods-less processed.  I’m doing everything you’re supposed to do and I have not lost.  One.  Single.  Pound.  But Hubby’s lost 10 pounds.  AWWWWWWWWWWW! 

 

Don’t get me wrong, I am so happy and proud of my husband.  That is a big accomplishment, it’s my half way mark.  So anyway, I’m bummed, but I am not giving up.  I took my before pics when I started along with my measurements.  And no, I will not be posting my before pics right now.  Maybe after I’ve lost the weight with my after pic right next to it.  We’ll see, I’m not sure if I’m ready to share that with the world.  My friend Erin , the dietician/trainer extraordinaire, has been such an encouragement.  She said that it may take up to 8 weeks to see any results.  So, in two weeks I’ll be weighing and taking my measurements.  Hopefully by then I’ll have lost at least one pound a an inch or two. 

 

So, I did not write this so people would feel sorry for me.  No.  I’m chronicling his experience because I know I am not the only person going through this.  It’s hard, but the effort is so worth it.  I feel incredible and I know I will be healthy for my kids/family in the future, enabling me to serve God whenever he calls.  I’d hate to say I couldn’t do something he asked of me because I was physically unable.   So, if you’re reading this and struggling just like me, don’t give up.  Keep going.  Keep pushing.  It is all working to the good of your body.  Don’t get caught up in what the world says your body should look like.  Don’t make this about vanity, make it about your health.  Make it about how you feel physically.  Do you have more energy?  Are you able to do one push up when before you couldn’t do it?  Do you feel stronger?  That’s what it’s about. 

 

Ok, I’m done.  But I’d love to hear of your past or current weight loss successes, processes, tips, etc. 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Kelly! Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and although it was a lovely day, I felt bummed because I am the heaviest I have EVER weighed. This morning I resolved to look at the positives and get back on my healthy eating habits routine. It's a long road but it's nice to know other people are wishing you well. Kelly's Corner has good weight loss tips today. Love you!! Please give Don a hug from me! Fiona ;-)

JMcGraw said...

Same thing happened when Tanner and I did P90X...he lost weight and inches, while I stayed the same. Don't loose hope though, in the end it will pay off! My favorite part was laughing at each other as we attempted to do the exercises! That was just as healthy as the actual workout! Can't wait to see you Friday! Love the blog! I just caught up on everything going on with you guys!