Monday, July 6, 2009

Adventures in Weight Loss

I just weighed myself and I have lost 2 lbs! Victory! I know it doesn't seem like a lot since I've been doing WeightWatchers Online for 2 weeks, but I didn't really start until last Monday (thanks Father's Day). And I even went to a 4 day family reunion this last week. Tons of BBQ, cherry pie, snacks, pasta, etc. I enjoyed myself, was sensible, and never once felt like I was on a diet. And I still lost 2 pounds. The Hubs on the other hand, gained 8. I may have to encourage him to check out WeightWatchers for men (Love ya Babe!).



I have to say my biggest challenges are finding time to workout and lunch. I have to get up at 5 AM to get the time in. And oh my goodness is it hard to find a decent lunch. Most of my fav lunch joints are ridiculously high on the points. Tonight I went out to eat with the Hubs and some friends at our neighborhood eatery. Many of the items are more points than I can eat in one day. AWWWWWW! One of them was a salad. Yikes. But I still found a great meal within my points. SCORE!



Overall, I have to say WeightWatchers is definitely doable. For one who has never dieted ever, I love it. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a diet because it's totally sustainable for a lifetime. I'm learning to eat healthy and that should be lifelong.



Wish me luck this week!

No comments: