Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

This was such an awesome Easter!  I don't have any photos unfortunately, but I can tell you I had a wonderful time.  No, I don't have any kids, so I can't blog about them egg hunting and opening their Easter baskets.  But, I did have my mom and little sister in this weekend.  I had not seen them since Christmas and that was way too long.  Have you ever been separated from your family for that long?  I haven't.  Not even when I lived in Little Rock, Ark.  I still was able to come back in at least once a month.  Well, not anymore – being a grown up sucks sometimes.

 

Anyway, they came in and we had a blast.  We didn't do anything particularly special, we just spent a lot of time together. 

 

The weekend started Thursday night.  D and I went to the Holy Thursday service at church – awesome!  Then after we went with some of our friends to the Chocolate Bar.  Oh. My. Goodness.  More chocolate than I have ever seen.  D was in heaven.  Wish I had a pic of the look on his face as he ate his chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, and chocolate peanut butter cupcake.  Gluttinous.  We probably could have stayed there all night but Mom and sis called to tell us they just pulled into town. So we high tailed it back home and the fun began. 

 

We visited for quite a while Thursday night (the chocolate high helped with that one) then hit the hay.  It was so nice to sleep in on Friday.  Then we got up and took our time getting ready to eat lunch and shop.  We ate lunch at an awesome restaurant, Cedar Creek Café. Yummy! We discovered this place a few weeks ago with our Sunday School class and have been hooked ever since. It's great because you can sit outside.  Actually, the place reminds me of the Whistle Stop Café in Fried Green Tomatoes.  It's very rustic and all the tables are old and wood.  So fun!   The wonderful weather helped quite a bit as well.  I had a Boca Burger with an egg and avocado.  No it's not on the diet, but it's the first "bad" food I've eaten in 6 weeks. 

 

After the café we moseyed on down to the Highland Shopping Center.  It's awesome.  We meandered through Crate and Barrel (which does not exist in Shreveport, LA) as well as Anthropologie (again, not in Shreveport).  After some fun window shopping, we went to the Chocolate Bar (yes, again, come on – it's Easter).  We all snarfed down some rocking chocolate ice cream and then decided it was time to go home.  We spent the rest of the evening watching the movie Up (Love it!), crying our eyes out, and visiting till the early morning. 

 

Saturday was a lot like Friday – more sleeping in, more eating, and more movie watching (Wall-e and The Blind Side).  Which led to more crying and more visiting.  What more could you ask for. 

 

I do have to make a special mention:  D.  D rocked the house this weekend.  He carted his women all over Houston, shopped with them, and cooked for them.  He made the most incredible fajita spread Friday night and it lasted us all weekend.  How many husbands do you know who would do all that?  Not many-he is awesome!

 

Finally on Sunday we all got up and headed to church.  I sang in the choir and I have to say the music was inspiring.  Houston's First Baptist's music leadership rocks.  Now don't get me wrong, I certainly do not believe that church and worship are purely about the spectacular of the music and emotion-but when the music, prayer, and message combine to result in a sanctuary filled with the Spirit; well there's nothing better. 

 

I hope your Easter was filled with faith, family and love (oh and a little chocolate too).



 

No comments: