Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Unplanned Hiatus

Well, here I am again, apologizing for taking another unplanned hiatus from blogging. Sorry about that.  But I've decided I won't apologize anymore. 

The hiatus came because life took off.  We moved, had the holidays, and work got very busy.  In the midst of all this have come some real life drama and disappointments.  I've been forced to be a grown up, and we all know that's not fun.  Through all this I learned I don't handle change and disappointment very well.  I'm also struggling to balance my life. Mostly because I'm a planner and not much has happened according to my almighty plan (God has really had some good laughs on my behalf lately).  I did not respond very well to that.  Basically, there was a lot of crying, whining, shouting, and driving my poor hubby insane.  So I began seeing a sweet counselor at our church.  I want to learn how to respond to life in a way that pleases God instead of viewing everything through my selfish eyes. 

It's been a great process and I'm very grateful for it all - even the crying.  :)  Anyway, that did not leave much time for blogging.  I decided to focus on my man and our life for a little while.  I know you understand. 

But let me catch you up...

We did move into our wonderful new home (pics coming as soon as the Hubs can find time to get them off his camera).  Two weeks later we had the whole family over for Thanksgiving.  Nothing like a little motivation to get the unpacking done :).  Then two weeks after that we had our Open House.  Again, motivation to put the finishing touches on the home.  Of course, there was Christmas, which was glorious.  D was in our church's large Christmas production and for a week went to work at 8a and did not come home until 10p or later.  But it was an awesome experience for him.  Our sweet friends the McG's came to a show and loved it.  After the show we headed to Shreveport for an entire week. That was heaven.  We did not have to rush through a visit but were able to see everyone and enjoy our time there. 

Once we returned from the holidays, work just took off for both of us.  I have had several 70 hour weeks and travel, but it all seems to be settling down a bit now. 

I can't complain.  I have a very loving marriage to a man who loves God and me, a beautiful new home, sweet friends, a great job, and I work with awesome people.  I'm so grateful for this period in my life, even though it's taken some adjustment.  It's through these challenges God makes us stronger and brings us closer to him.

I'll try to get some pics up of our adventures over these past few months.  And I'll post as often as I can, but I can't guarantee consistency.  So please check back periodically.  I promise I'm not gone, only living life.

No comments: