Friday, March 4, 2011

Do Not Be Anxious!

So if any of you read the Thorny Soil post, you know I am struggling with fear and anxiety.  It creeps up and then out of the blue I'll be a ball of nerves, most of the time over nothing.  For example, this morning I woke up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep.  Why?  Because I was worrying over my schedule for the weekend and trying to figure out how to get it all done.  Is that really worth losing sleep over?  No.  It's a daily battle and the Enemy knows this is where he can get me. And even though I know the only defense is to fill myself with the Spirit through time with Him, I can never be consistent.  Holla if ya feel me, sistas!

All that to say, since I was up at the crack. o. dawn.  I was able to get to work very early (over an hour early) and I had time to be with the Spirit. Thank you Jesus.  I'm reading this awesome daily devotion, Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace in His Presence, by Sarah Young and it is blowing my mind.  My sweet SIL gave it to me for Christmas and it's been the best gift. 

I want to share this morning's word and I hope that if you are struggling just as I am, that this will give you some peace:

REFUSE TO WORRY!  In this world there will always be something enticing you to worry. That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet:  Things are not as they should be. So the temptation to be anxious is constantly with you, trying to worm its way into your mind.  The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving.  Awareness of My Presence fills your mind with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear.  This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective.  Live close to Me! Together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay.

John 10:4
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Luke 12:25-26
25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

I Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Wow, that Sarah does have a way with words, doesn't she? And then these verses, wow.  Reading this today I felt as if God and Sarah had a meeting about GrumpyPants and decided to write a devotion just for me. Of course that did not happen, but I am floored at how God can speak so individually yet so globally all at the same time.

My response?

God,

Thank you for being the Great and All Powerful, but especially thank you for being my personal Father.  I am so grateful that you go on ahead of me in this life.  You know how everything will work out and you have planned it, so what am I so worried about?  Thank you for reminding me that you will bring me through, you will not harm me.  You have always and will always provide what my family and I need.  If I cling to you I will be able to hold all you have given me with an open hand - and be able to let it go if you so desire.  Thank you for loving me even in my disobedience and thank you for your protection and provision. I ask for your perspective today and a mind that is open to your Holy Spirit's leading.  I REFUSE TO WORRY TODAY!

In Jesus' Name, Amen

Many Blessings Sisters!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that book so much...I am so gald my friend told me about it! That day was very good! I have been clinging to that devotional book in this season...God has used it to speak truth to me.
Thanks for sharing!

Katie Mar said...

thank you, i needed this!
i'm a worrier, too, and my anxiety keeps me up at night.

i'll pray for you if you pray for me! :)