Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Big 3-0

Oh goodness. I turned 30 last month. 30. Now, I'm not one of those people who laments her youth and acts as if I've turned 80. I like being 30. I don't obsess over my hair or makeup, don't worry about what others think (not like in high school), and I don't constantly doubt myself. The thirties bring such a sense of confidence and freedom. In my teens, I was such a basketcase. Always worried over something - especially fitting in. College were those searching years, trying to figure out who I was. Then, my mid and late twenties were mostly about figuring out what I wanted to do with my life (Have I figured that out yet? Hmm I wonder).

Even though I'm 30, I still feel like that 22 year old - just graduated from college with no idea what I want to do. I feel like that was yesterday. Countless pageants and titles, 5 moves in 5 years, 2 grad schools, 1 masters degree, 3 jobs, 15 pounds, and the best husband in the world. Life moves so fast. I think that my 30's will be about savoring the moment, and not trying to rush through to accomplish the next "milestone." I just want to enjoy who I am and where I am.
I'd also like to slow down and make my life about the important things and not about wearing myself out trying to go to as many events and parties as possible.

Here's me turning 30 at my birthday party

Do I like turning 30? I don't know...
Yes, Yes I do, very much thank you.

So, yes, I'm 30, and thank God it's finally here.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Glad you like the BIG 3-0! I hope I will!