Saturday, June 6, 2009

Water World

Ok, so there are days when I love being a grown up and owning a home and then there are days like yesterday. My hubby and I live in a established and OLD neighborhood. We love our home and our neighborhood, but we hate our old pipes. Yeah, that's right, old pipes. If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would care if my home had old pipes I would have laughed in your face. But oh yeah, I care a whole lot. Since, because we have old pipes, every open drain and toilet in my home overflowed yesterday, several times. And it got on my carpet. I don't even know if the emergency fund can handle this one all on its own. So I'm waiting for D to talk with the plumber and see what he says. Plus, I have to find someone to come and vaccum the water out of my carpet before it turns to mildew. I guess I could look on the bright side...maybe I'll get my hardwood floors. God I love how you answer prayer!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Glad you're back Kelly! Love the new background! I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing! Ours is bad too!