Monday, June 14, 2010

The Big 3-1!

Yep, I turned 31 years old on May 20th.  Where did the time go?  I feel like I just graduated from college.  Seems like yesterday.

I had an awesome birthday. Well, the actual day I was traveling in New Mexico for work.  By the time I got back on the next day, I had a full blown sinus infection.  The worst one I’ve had in years. 

So on Saturday, I woke up at 6 am after a long night of coughing.  I had to move to the couch in the living room so I could stop coughing and sleep.  All day long, I slept.  My husband kept coming in and out of the kitchen.  At one point I asked what he was doing and he reminded me that we were going to our friends, the McGraw’s, for dinner.  Then I slipped back into my medicated coma.

Around 1pm I woke up and decided I should probably take a shower and get dressed, it’s the least I could do for the McGraw’s.  Around that time Hubs told me he had to run over to the McGraw’s to help Mr. McGraw move a heavy piece of furniture. Ok, whatever.  He came back and then we headed out.

The minute we walked through the door at the McGraw’s, Mrs. McGraw took me to the backyard to “visit.”  After a few minutes, I decided I wanted something to drink so I went back inside.

To my surprise, the Rabe’s from our Sunday school class were in the kitchen.  This confused me since the McGraw’s and the Rabe’s have never met.  As I was pondering this strangeness everyone yelled, “SURPRISE!”

My Hubs threw me a surprise birthday party.  Isn’t he the best!  He had to have it at the McGraw’s because we still have not unpacked yet since we know the lease situation is only temporary.  So, I’m sure he knew I would not want people over at our house tripping over boxes.  So the McGraw’s graciously opened their home – I have awesome friends.

Here’s my man and Mrs. McGraw hard at work putting together the incredible chicken kabobs:

232323232fp_96_nu=32;7_479_6_2_WSNRCG=3364_7_7_2335nu0mrj 232323232fp_85_nu=32;7_479_6_2_WSNRCG=3364_7;_35335nu0mrj

They were delicious!

Then Hubs shocked me again.  He made my birthday pie.  Pie, you ask?  Yes, amazingly sweet peach pie.  Perfect.  And not one but three,each one with my initial:  KFE!  Check it out.

There are the guys helping Hubs present his masterpiece and there I am making my birthday wish.  Really, could a girl ask for more?  It was a wonderful day spent with the best friends and an amazing husband.  Thank you Lord, I am blessed.

No comments: